Friday, February 13, 2009

Look at that face....

Today, I spent the day being a nurse to my wisdomless son. The teeth not the knowledge. Lucky for him, the surgeon only had three to remove. He is cozily snuggled on the couch right now, dozing off and on as his body tries to rid itself of the drugs that took him to sleepyville.

He had to go into surgery fasting, which is no small feat for a teenage boy. He has, so far, eaten two yogurts and water, with the various scheduled meds he must take for the next few days. I'm sure it will be too soon before he has his voracious appetite back.

I can't wait.

Until then, I will continue to change his bloody gauze, administer meds and give extra hugs and kisses. He is worth it.



4 comments:

tharker said...

Seriously...how can you resist that sad face? Having the wisdom teeth taken out is no fun!

LKP said...

you are such a GOOD MAMA! i was too chicken to face mine until Fall of '07...Seth was working the oilfields at the time, so Daisy was my nurse as best she could be. =)

akidd said...

You're such a sweet mom!

Sonja said...

Aw poor guy! I remember those weeks following my surgery, it certainly helps to have a great mom around to help.