Monday, August 25, 2008

Adventures in Camping

We haven't had the opportunity to go camping this summer with all that we've had going on. We decided to hook up our tent trailer, and find a place to camp around Moscow. We would get some camping in for the two youngest (Courtney had to stay home for band camp), and get Cam set up in his dorm. We assumed it would be easy to find a campground in or around Moscow. It wasn't. Just when we were getting panicky that we would have to sleep in the Walmart parking lot, some great friends came to the rescue. We called the Banks and they knew of a campground that was close by. We called and they had one slot available. Bishop Banks was concerned that we wouldn't find it in the dark. His family piled in their car, and guided us to our destination. We were most grateful!
Tom having a temper tantrum after Maddy beat him, again.

Nightly beatings!

Maybe if I pretend to be asleep, Mom will stop taking pictures!

Daddy's tummy makes the best squishy pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Amy for her tutorial on how to feather pictures! I love how this turned out!

5 comments:

Amy J. said...

Are bishops allowed to through temper tantrums? I love the "fake sleeping" I think the smile gives her away.

Did you really not know how to feather photos before? I wasn't sure if that tutorial was old news to everyone. That is a beautiful picture. I love closeups.

grandma H said...

Looks like you had a good time.
It is nice to get up into the wilds, It sorta cleans out the system.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Now a camper I could be in a trailor. I'm not a big tent fan.

Deborama said...

good job on the feathering! cute pics. The ones of Cameron made me cry! I need to go to bed but I can't sleep, Im too excited for school tomorrow! What will I wear?

Jodi said...

I love camping!!! Looks like a great time and I can't believe Cameron's in COLLEGE! Crazy! I think he was only 6 or 7 when you guys moved here. Time flies!! And I guess I'm going to have to re-read Amy's tutorial on feathering. I need to learn me some techniques!